VHF marine radio (SRC) Course
The VHF radio course is an essential one day or online course for any boat owner , crew or skippers. It teaches you the basics of VHF marine radios and helps you understand that they are a great communication tool as well as a vital part of your safety equipment.
• Learn how to use your VHF radio
• Obtain your VHF license to operate legally
• Understand digital selective calling (DSC)
• Distress and urgency capability
• GMDSS Global Maritime Distress & Safety System
The is a practical hands on course with real radio simulators so you can talk and practice all types of communication including distress signals.
The course is open to all nationalities.
On successful completion you can become a registered VHF radio operator which is valid internationally. This requires a separate registration fee of £60 to the RYA.